UPPER DEERFIELD Township Planning Board will meet at 7 p.m. Monday, Nov. 21 in the Upper Deerfield Municipal Building, 1325 Route 77.
WAWA SUB TICKET SALE is under way for the Deerfield Township PTO. Proceeds will benefit the Deerfield Township School’s eighth grade dance and Hershey Park trip. See any eighth grade student or contact Laura or Jamie at (609) 420-4191. Wawa sub tickets are $5 each.
ARE YOU A DEERFIELD TOWNSHIP resident over the age of 50 years old who is unable to join family this Thanksgiving due to distance, expenses or other reasons? The Deerfield Township Committee and its staff invites those to a “Friendsgiving Lunch” on Thursday, Nov. 17 at the Charlotte Brago Senior Center. Pre-registration is required. Call 455-6902. Seating is limited.
BOARD of the Upper Deerfield Township School District will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 22 at the Woodruff School media center. 1373 Route 77, Bridgeton.
SPORTS REGISTRATION AND physicals are now being accepted for the winter sports season, which officially starts on Monday, Nov. 28, 2022 (tryouts begin Nov. 21/swim season will begin on Nov. 21). To choose a winter sport, students can log into the Genesis account and click on the FORMS tab. Look for “Sports Choice” and make a selection.
To participate in the winter season, paper physicals are required every 365 days and the health history/Covid health history updates are required for every sport every season. Paperwork will be available near the main office or by downloading from our website under the athletics tab.
Students can visit Inspira Urgent Care from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. for a walk-in physical for $30.
All paperwork should be turned in to the athletic office or the nurses’ office. The initial submission deadline for winter participation will be Wednesday, Oct. 26. The final deadline for submissions will be 8:30 a.m. on Friday, Dec. 2. Keep in mind some sports are try-out and cut sports, so it is important to have clearances completed in a timely manner.
Winter sports include: boys and girls basketball, boys and girls winter track, boys and girls swimming and wrestling. For more information contact Mrs. Greynolds at firstname.lastname@example.org
CONGRATULATIONS to the Cumberland Regional High School boys soccer team for a recent 6-0 win over Timber Creek. This comes on the heels of a 7-0 victory over Triton.
During the Timber Creek game, Justen Pace had two goals and two assists, and Kevin Baran had a goal and an assist. Joe Santiago, DJ Mosley, and Lukas Weist each had a goal, and Jason Angel had two assists. Ryan Griner had four saves in goal.
HERE IS THE current policy regarding The Authority Landfill for Deerfield Township residents:
• Only residents living in a property located in Deerfield Township may qualify for free disposal of approved solid waste at the Customer Drop Off Center
• Register at The Authority’s Solid Waste Complex Administration Building, 169 Jesse Bridge Road, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday to Friday
• Each household is allowed two registered drivers and each driver must register at The Authority with a valid driver’s license and a second form of identification showing proof of residency in Deerfield Township Acceptable forms of identification are a recent utility bill, bank statement, or a vehicle registration)
• The registered driver’s license must be presented every time at the Customer Drop Off Center
• Deerfield Township property owners (such as real estate companies, landlords and investors) who do not physically reside at the specific location do not qualify for the free disposal program.
• Any resident who operates a business in Deerfield Township is not eligible for the free disposal program
• Deerfield Township days: Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday
A WALKING GROUP meets at 8:15 a.m. each Tuesday and Thursday at the track at LoBiondo Park in Rosenhayn. The walk is held for 30 minutes.