* Pre-freeze cookie dough. Freeze cut-out cookies for 10 minutes before baking. They'll keep their shape better during baking and also rise slightly higher.
* Use parchment paper. The versatility of parchment paper allows for fuss-free baking. It can be used to line baking sheets for evenly-cooked treats and makes cleanup a breeze.
* Bake on the center rack. To allow for the most even heat circulation, bake your holiday cookies on the oven's center rack. Additionally, don't over-crowd the oven. This can cause uneven baking, resulting in underbaked or burnt cookies.
* Use an air-tight container. After baking, place your cookies in an air-tight container before they are completely cooled. Doing so will prevent them from drying out and will keep them nice and chewy.
* Stick with a simple recipe. If you're short on time or an inexperienced baker, stick with a simple recipe that you know will turn out great and is sure to please. Rolo Pretzel Delights are a fan favorite and can be made in less than 30 minutes.
Rolo Pretzel Delights
Rolo Chewy Caramels in Milk Chocolate
Heat oven to 350 F; line cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil.
Place one pretzel for each pretzel treat desired on prepared sheet. Top each pretzel with one unwrapped Rolo Chewy Caramels in Milk Chocolate.
Bake three to five minutes or until caramel piece begins to soften, but not melt. Remove from oven; top with either pecan half or additional pretzel. Allow the treats to cool completely.
For more festive holiday recipes, visit CelebratewithHersheys.com.