Luckily, in a small space like a bathroom, making tiny tweaks can make a big impact. In fact, you can easily add style and functionality to your bath – without subtracting too much from your bank account. Here are a few simple ideas to refresh your bathroom that can be completed in just a few hours (or even minutes).
Under $25 – Conquer vanity insanity
If your vanity is looking drab and tired, don’t replace it – refresh it in just a few simple steps.
* New knobs and pulls: Look for new knobs and drawer pulls that are designed to match your existing faucets and fixtures in both style and finish. Whether you prefer modern or something with a more traditional look, many options are available to extend your sense of design down to the details.
* A place for everything: Conquer even more countertop clutter by using a decorative tray or small basket to hold loose items. From hair brushes to hand soap and lotion, simply gathering items together can make the whole room look – and feel – more organized.
* Add a glass shelf: Another way to keep bathroom necessities close at hand is by installing a decorative glass shelf near your sink and vanity. Not only will it help to clear the clutter from your countertop, but it can also be a place to display small decorative touches like picture frames, flowers and reed diffusers.
Under $50 – Update with a new hue
From the walls to the floor, you can transform your bathroom’s look with a new color scheme and these easy ideas.
* A fresh coat of paint: Try a soothing shade of blue to give your bathroom a relaxing, spa-like feel, or a more vibrant color, like yellow, will add energy and brightness.
* Towels and rugs: Add vibrant pops of color with accents in bright, new shades. Look for thick, plush towels and soft, sumptuous rugs to stimulate your senses and add a luxurious look and feel.
* A new shower curtain: Complete your bathroom’s new color scheme with a quality fabric shower curtain to tie the whole look together. For added style and sophistication, use two curtains and open in the middle, to mimic the look of a large window.
Under $75 – Create a sensational shower
If you’re looking for cost-effective, easy ways to spruce up your shower, a few small upgrades are all it takes.
* Showerhead: Replace your old showerhead with the new Moen Halo Rainshower, which installs easily and delivers a truly luxurious shower experience with three spray settings and a unique pivoting outer ring for added coverage.
* Curved shower rod: Next, gain up to 5 inches of valuable elbow room by replacing your straight shower rod with a curved model. Not only will every shower be a little more comfortable, you’ll easily add sophistication and accentuate your new shower curtain.
* Shower shelf: A shower shelf is an ideal solution to keep soap, shampoo and sponges neatly organized and always close at hand. Plus, you can increase your shower’s safety as well by choosing a shower shelf that incorporates a grab bar.
Under $100 – Add amazing accessories
For complete coordination, Moen offers entire accessory suites, featuring towel bars, towel rings, robe hooks, paper holders, lighting and even toilet tank levers, that are designed to perfectly match the rest of your faucets and fixtures.
“For less than $100, you can easily refresh your bathroom’s overall decor,” says Laurie Birko, senior product manager for Moen Accessories. "Today’s accessories combine stylish flair with useful function. Our pivoting paper holders, for instance, offer a spring-free design that makes changing the roll quick and easy, allowing you to create a big effect in just a few small steps.”
So, don’t think that a bathroom update is out of reach. With a few simple updates and minimum budget, your bathroom will be more stylish, useful and enjoyable in no time.
For more information about Moen products, visit moen.com or call 800-BUY MOEN (800-289-6636).